Which Pilot’s Licence Should I Go For?

flying as a career or hobby

The first thing you should know is whether you can get a CAA Class 2 Medical certificate. If the answer is yes then you should consider what you want from your flying. Do you want to move on in the future to bigger aircraft or do you have any aspirations to become a commercial pilot? If the answer to these is no then the LAPL could be the ideal licence for you.

If you can gain the Class 2 Medical and want to continually progress on to different aircraft and have fewer licence restrictions then the PPL is the answer. This is also the starting point for a career as a commercial pilot.

It can be concluded that the type of licence that you train for (PPL or LAPL) largely depends on whether you would like to make a career out of flying or if it is for recreational purposes.

Read more about the PPL and LAPL licences here